Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday 21 July 2008

Dark Knight Review


Contains some spoilers!


Dark Knight most definitely lived up its hype! The movie is action packed and there is never a moment where you are sitting there checking out the time on your watch. 2 and a half hours goes by very fast and by the end you can't wait till the next installment of Batman!

Heath Ledger was phenomenal. I sat there thinking if he hadn't had died would people still be calling this his best acting ever?! Yes! He certainly researched the role and he was the Joker! I was sadden at the end of the movie as it is going to be very hard to replace him in any upcoming Batman movies that involve the Joker.

Christan Bale's performance as Batman continues to be outstanding. He was obviously born to play Batman. It is like James Bond movies where Pierce Bronson in my opinion was born to play James Bond.

I wasn't sure Aaron Eckhart's adaption of Harvey Dent. It must have been a challenge for Aaron Eckhart to keep up with the performances of Bale and Ledger. At times I felt he wasn't really into the character and if he returns in the next Batman movie I believe his performance will be much better than the first and people will be raving about his performance instead of other lead characters.

Maggie Gyllenhaal was a very convincing Rachel Dawes. I am a fan of Katie Holmes but I did like Maggie Gyllenhaal as Rachel. I only wish there was a way she can be written back for the next movie. I didn't expect her to be killed.

Gary Oldman,Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine are one of the reasons for the success of the movie.

I can't wait till the next Batman installment. Until then I can hope the DVD comes out before Christmas!!!!

No comments: