Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday 15 September 2008

Favourite songs on Guitar Hero, by Travis Barker

From Entertainment Weekly:

LINK

Skins pounder supreme Travis Barker (blink-182, +44) says Guitar Hero's drums are the real deal. ''I was playing my own songs, and I would get perfect [scores], because you're really learning how to play drums!'' Barker recommends five headbanging classics from Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock — plus one blink-182 song from the new Guitar Hero World Tour, in which he became a featured character by recording his moves with motion-capture technology.


"Sabotage" by Beastie Boys: "Sabotage is super cool. My ex-wife Shanna and I play it together. It's fun because it's a song we both know so well."

"Paranoid" by Black Sabbath: "My oldest daughter Atiana plays it with my ex-wife and loves it. My 9-year-old daughter knows Black Sabbath now!"


"Raining Blood" by Slayer: "My daughter is scared of it, but I love playing 'Raining Blood.' It's really hard, and I'm not good or anything. I play at the beginner level."

"School's Out" by Alice Cooper: "Not surprisingly, this is a favorite amongst the kids."

"Talk Dirty To Me" by Poison: "Unfortunately, this is also one of my kids' favorites. It's easy on guitar, that's why they play it, but it's a little too much information for their age."

BLINK-182, ''DAMMIT''
''I had to wear a spandex suit with balls all over it and these funny glasses, and they copy every motion. It's super cool. And 'Dammit' is kinda hard to play: It's really fast eighth notes with the right hand.''

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi JoJo, thanks for sharing his list. I was curious to see what songs were on it. By the way, I noticed you're a Liverpool fan... Nice! They won today too.

What system do you play Guitar Hero on? If you don't have a PS3 and 360 to choose from, I suggest you take a look at this Stacker 2 contest going on where you can win the system of your choice simply by designing a 6 Hour Power t-shirt. There are less than 325 entrants as of now, and there are also weekly prizes to win such as 6 Hour Power energy shots (which are great for gaming sessions). For contest details, go here: http://www.brickfish.com/Entertainment/Stacker2?tab=overview

I hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog, by the way. If you have any questions about the contest or the drink itself just let me know. Be sure to tell me if you enter too... I'd be happy to vote for your design. Good luck.

Franklin Keane
www.6hrpower.com
Franklin6hrpower@gmail.com

JoJo said...

Hi Franklin,

Gooo Liverpool! :D

I always have to borrow my friend's 360 to play Guitar Hero.

I would like a PS3! :D

I have entered the competition, thanks for letting me know. BTW you are mroe than welcome commenting on my blog!

I have never of the brand, do you guys sell the stuff in the UK?

Unknown said...

Hi JoJo, here's to hoping they beat Stoke City on Saturday as well!

That's cool you entered the contest too. If you give me the link to your entry I'd be happy to vote for it.

As far as I know 6 Hour Power is currently available in the U.S. You might be able to buy them online through a site like Amazon.com though. Are you not located in the US? If so, I'm sorry to say it but your t-shirt entry will not be accepted since it's open to US residents only. I hope to hear back from you soon. Let me know if you have any more questions.

- Franklin
www.6hrpower.com