Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday 1 September 2008

London's calling......



(Photo taken by me, yea it might not be the best, but please don't steal it)

I'm back in the UK after a hiatus in the US. Flight was ok, a load of turbulence! When we flew over Canada it was bumpy. At one point the stewardess's were ordered to sit down. Not a good sign as you know its going to get really turbulent. Just as the pilot said that I saw lightning outside of the window really close to the wing. I thought oh great we get to fly through a storm. Luckily we missed the storm and the stewardess's carried on with the food service.

I hate night flights for 2 reasons:

1.I can never get to sleep on an airplane. I did however get to sit once in British Airway's business class and I got to use their new reclining chairs. It worked a treat I was out for about an hour :D So please upgrade me to business class everytime I fly kind airline people!

2. Night flights-the lights go off, i'm wide awake but the 2 other people who are sitting next to you are fast asleep. Doesn't help when you want to get up and walk around when you are sitting next to the window. Argh!

When we were over Greenland I got up and walked around the plane. Yea theres only a short distance you can walk, but its good for you and the only time you can say you walk around at 35,000 ft! I got to go upstairs to see Premium Economy, very nice. I sat with the stewardess's who were really cool people and allowed me to stay up there till they started to serve breakfast. An hour and a half later we landed in London.

So top marks goes to the Virgin Atlantic crew ! I love that airline. Been flying with them since 1990! Service is excellent, can't wait till the day I can try out their Upper Class seats!

Now I just got to get used to the rain and jet lag!

No comments: